Thursday, June 11, 2009

Long time......But on theme :)

WOW IT HAS BEEN FOREVER!! I have missed the challenge that the photo of the day gives me :) I have actually been working on sunburst shots, but am completely lost. I took some pictures of my liitle sis and her hubby and tried to get a sunburst shot.

My first question: Are the red circles towards the bottom normal? Am I trying to get too much sun in the picture? I took a million pictures of this and this was the best one because the circles are off their face and not as dark as the rest.

Does anyone have some advice for taking sunburst/sunglare pictures? I would LOVE to hear it! Thanks!

Here are the settings (thanks janett)
ISO 200
SS 1/160
f 4

All I did to edit was a LAB color pop and lighten them a little.

Photobucket

BTW, I have missed you all! Hopefully I can get back in habit of the POTD!

4 comments:

janett said...

Yep, the red circles are normal and very much wanted in fact. I don't know what your settings were but it's easiest to get good flare stopped down with a higher ISO. I think you did great!

Sara said...

This is not something I know anything about, but yours looks pleasing to the eye- so that's great, right?
Your sister must love this shot :)

shirley said...

I really like the red circles - I have a hard time getting them to show up. I read to get good flare, set the F stop to the highest number (smallest hole). I like the color on your picture, too! And great to see you back.

Mandy said...

Well for someone who doesn't know what they are doing, it looks really great. I love the red circles and the warm sun. I am addicted to sun bursts!