Wednesday, February 25, 2009

before and after.

So for this weeks challenge we get to post our before and after. I am so excited for this, but sad that the week is halfway over and I am just starting. It was such a warm day today, I took my girls downtown to find some fun urban areas (although we don't have the clothing to match the setting). They were very uncooperative. Here are some pictures that sums up our outing :)

Here are my camera settings for both pictures.
JPEG Image
ISO 200
1/320
f 5.6
natural light taken about 4:00 on overcast day.

I didn't do much to these pictures. It is getting late :) Enjoy and thanks for looking :)

Before:


After:
High pass sharpening, levels and curves adjustments, vignette.
Photobucket

Before:


After:
Same edits as above. Also dodged her face.
Photobucket

14 comments:

Diana said...

i dont know what you dont like about these shots. i think they look great! they just show their mood at the moment. great PPing

Anonymous said...

Well I think they are awesome. I just ADORE them and your PPing is perfect Becky. I actually really like the shadow in the second one SO much. Its so profound.

Liz said...

I think these photos are wonderful and your pping is great. I love the fact that nothing is overdone and you just made your photos more true to life.

Reds said...

I love these! and you PP is perfect for these shots!

Jess said...

Oh wow girl! These are great! Your processing is so fresh and clean... I really love what you did here!

pat said...

Very nice! Really like what yu did with the pp. THese shots both look so clean and refreshing, if that's possible. ;-)

Margaret said...

I love your pping on these. Very nice. I especially like how you cropped the first one!

Amy said...

Very nice processing on these, I really like the angle for the first shot! :)

shirley said...

Nice PP and I like how you captured your un-cooperative girls!

Suzy said...

I think your pp here is great! I'm going to have to try out a vignette now.

Bobbi said...

I love seeing everyone's before and afters! Your color is so great.

Angela2932 said...

What a difference between the before and after! Your composition is just perfect, in how you crop these, and your pp'ing really enhances them.

Jodie said...

fantastic job on both your shots and your pp!

Anonymous said...

I love them! You do an awesome job at editing them!