Monday, February 23, 2009

What a Mess!!

So my hubby bought me a new video card, hoping to enhance my pictures. Well I have finally gotten to the point that I am appreciating it (after tinkering with it and fretting over it all weekend). I am having the hardest time calibrating it. Either, my last calibration with the old card was way off or something is funky with this new calibration.

ANYWAY, please help me. For those with and without calibrated monitors how do these pictures look? I edited them, and on my screen they look good. So please tell me what you see. This is starting to sound like a beg.....pretty, pretty please help me out!

I am debating getting a calibration software. I would rather not if I can do it myself, but after this weekend I am exhausted with trying to fix this darn thing. And almost bought Spyder 2 today.

Thanks for listening and if you got this far in reading, congratulations! Here are my pictures from the other day. Let me know how they look.

One I edited with old card.


Here is a side by side comparison. First was edited with old card and old calibration. Second was with new. Which one looks better? Is either correct?




Here is my SOOC on this one. Please let me know how the exposure looks on this. I am so not trusting my computer right now.

JPEG image
ISO 400
1/200
f 2.2
Natural light coming from south window.

Photobucket

Here is the edit I did a few days ago with my old set up.
Photobucket

And this one I did a few minutes ago with my new set up.
Photobucket

Thank you for your help and honesty! You guys are the best!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

becky mine is not calibrated. I haven't done anything because I hope to get a new compter with our tax return so this is going to the boys...so why bother right. I don't know I like both pictures the diffrence I see is the contrat between the two the first one with olivia with her hands by her chin is more sharp and has a lot of contrast and brighter colors where the the 2nd one is a softer feel and the colors are not so bright. Everyone's computer is going to show something diffrent so it is what you like and how you feel. Print off a picture put it next to your computer screen and see which one matches and then you will know how close you are to printing off the exact edit of your photo, and then don't worry about the rest. when it comes to color everyones is diffrent!