Monday, February 2, 2009

Taking the tip to my camera

So on 2 peas I read this post today. Wonderful post and article! Anyone interested in photography needs to read it! Anyway, I took it to my camera and this is what I got:

Here is my SOOC:
RAW image and I metered to my 18% gray card
ISO 800
1/160
f 1.8
natural light from south windows at 2:00. I also pushed her to the back of the room so I could see how much light I could get from there.



Here is my edit. (On my husbands laptop, which isn't calibrated. How does the skintone look? Too orange? Thanks!)
I lightened, sharpened and boosted color



Photobucket

I checked out my post on my desktop and the above picture looked WAY too bright. So I fixed it again. But it was on the laptop, so not sure what this will look like. It looks really dark on my laptop screen.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I really love the last version of the photo---- what a doll! Great catchlights you got. :)

Tracie said...

Becky, I really love your second edit. Amazing catchlights, too!

Margaret said...

I think the last edit looks great!

Oh, and thanks for saying hi on my blog. How funny that you grew up in Willard...I actually grew up in Brigham City. I live in Bountiful now and LOVE it! Do you guys plan to stay permanently in Nebraska?

Lou said...

She's a cutie for sure! I like the second edit too. Might be a tiny bit on the orange side though. You got great catchlights in those beautiful brown eyes.

Anonymous said...

I think that the last edit looks PERFECT. The middle one looks a bit orange and overdone. Your little girl is so beautiful naturally, so it doesn't take much PPing because her skin is PERFECT. Really great shots. Her lashes are amazing.

Lori said...

I love the last one! Her eyes are sensational!

Mom2Drew said...

Laptops are so difficult to edit on with a cabibrator. I think you've got a little orange, but not bad really. Lovely eyes, a nice, chocolate color. metering is a great thing to learn, way to go!

Jess said...

She is DARLING- love that last edit, that one is PERFECT to me. The lighting is fabulous too- way to take it to the camera!

Diana said...

she is too cute great edits and catchlights

Becky said...

Looks like you got some good use out of that terrific post. I have so much to learn about metering. I love her eyes in this shot!

Jodie said...

What great photos! I like your second edit more. great job! oh and thank you for the link to the memtering thread, I found it really interesting. going to have to read it a bit more to get my head around it but thank you!

Amy said...

Beautiful little girl, I just love the last edit! Great catchlights! :)