Sunday, February 8, 2009

Self Portrait

I always find that self portraits are the hardest. I do much better behind the camera :) I did do the self portrait challenge earlier this year, but I always tend to do a shoulder shot (less of my face . Anyway, I saw so many great, creative self portraits, I thought I would give it a try. This is what I worked on this weekend. I used the Pioneer Womens PW's B & W action on them.
So what do you think. I actually didn't mind that my face filled the whole frame. Here is my shot at a creative self portrait :)


Couldn't decide on color or b/w version. Although I did like how the b/w blew out my blemishes :)

8 comments:

Suzy said...

I love these! The first one looks great but I like the 2nd shot in color! Nice to "see" you!!

Lou said...

Those are really nice. I think I like the second on in color also.

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous. I love the one with you looking down in color. Your lashes are just amazing.

Reds said...

Beautiful self-portraits! Love both but especially the second colored one!

Tori said...

These are beautiful! I really like the second one in color.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Wonderful self-portraits. I really like the one in color.

Angela2932 said...

The color self-portrait is wonderful. Very creative angle.

Angela2932 said...

Becky, I noticed that you've been asking some questions about skin tones and orange. I fought with this quite a bit, and this is what I discovered: apparently Canon and Nikon process images differently; Canon risks being "washed out"; Nikon risks "lobster people." Apparently, with Canon processing, you work to boost color; with Nikon you "beat the wild color into submission." I found that for me it's important that when I increase contrast in curves (NOT in the ACR processing, but in photoshop), it's important to change the blend mode to "luminosity" rather than normal. Makes all the difference in the world!