Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day of Rest

I love Sundays, for the fact that we observe it as the day of rest. No chores, no shopping and I always plan on easy cooking. Thinking about a picture for the day, I thought this was the most fitting. We attend church on Sundays and are suppose to continue our learning through out the week. Sadly, Sunday is usually the only day that I get to do my personal study of the scriptures.
Anyway, I taught a lesson today on the importance of families and it really hit me! So my share with you today is this: God gave us families, to help us become what he wants us to be!

Photobucket

I would love to hear what you use your Sundays for! Leave me a comment! And thanks for looking!

13 comments:

janett said...

Sunday is laundry day in my house. Bleh. :)

Lori said...

Love the composition of this shot! Great job!

Mandy said...

I love the DOF you have gotten on this shot. Its timeless. Sunday is totally my catch up day...it does feel like it is a spiritual journey of sorts though.

Reds said...

Sunday is usually a long walk in nature - my way of being spiritual. Great capture!

Margaret said...

This photo is fabulous. Your Sundays sound a lot like mine! Same books, too. :)

Vanessa said...

Wow, love the perspective on this!

Becky said...

Great perspective. Our Sundays are hang-out and chore days. We usually do church on Saturday evening.

McArthur Family said...

Becky, you are amazing. Your hard work and dedication really show. To people who know photography, you are technically improving. And for those of us who are not so camera savvy, your pictures are just getting more and more beautiful. Hope all is well, we missed you over the holidays!

Amy said...

I really like this shot, the composition and dof are very nice! We go to church on Sunday and then usually hang out and relax, sometimes go to a movie. :)

Bobbi said...

That is so great that you observe it as a day of rest. No chores is always glorious.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Sundays are my favorite. Our Sundays are a lot like your Sundays. We are LDS, too. The quote you shared, is it from the song in the Oct. Friend "The Family is of God"? We are teaching our Primary that one this month.
Wonderful photo, as well. Great composition and DOF.

Chell said...

great shot, love the set up sadly I don't rest as much as I should on Sunday but I have set it aside as a day for myself,(Well and a little service peppered in there) since I spend so much time the rest of the week doing for others. and I only work when I have to.. I think if I had a family it would be different..

Krista P said...

Great shot!