Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 21, 2009

Planning on getting creative with technology, but nothing was working out. I didn't want to skip a day (my goal is 365 pictures we will see how long it lasts :), so I took these pictures of my little girl before she went to bed. Sorry about the purple hands! I didn't think they would show up so much!
Last picture I thought I would have a little fun with. Not my style, but kind of fun to expand! Enjoy!

****IF anyone knows why my pictures seem hazy, please explain! Is it because I haven't mastered my exposure yet? Thanks for all your help and your wonderful comments!! Keep it coming!

SOOC
RAW image
ISO 400
1/100
f4.5
focal length: 52mm
slight sharpen






















Edit
I used Coffee shops triple shot color pop. (Just started using this site and LOVE it!)























Just for fun:
PW boost and PW colorize























****Also if anyone can tell me how to make the color behind my sidebar a bit wider that the text that would be so helpful! I have been working on it for 2 days and am just lost. I should have just kept it white, but color is so much better! Also, let me know if the text is too hard to read. I wanted something a little more personal. Thanks!***

11 comments:

Becca said...

Very cute shots! I like the color popped edit. tfs

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! I love all of the edits on these!
Cari

janett said...

Cool edits on these!

Lauren Hartman said...

Love the edit on the first shot, the color pop is just perfect.

Linnao said...

These are so cool!

Reds said...

Love these - so cute!

Susan said...

I like the last one, cute idea with the candy canes

Becky said...

Cute idea with the candy cane hearts. Nice comps too. I think a boost in contrast would help with the haziness.

Mom2Drew said...

They don't look too hazy to me, but it's probably because there is no processing done with a RAW image. with a Jpeg, the camera will automatically take out a little noise and such, compressing an image. It's the nature of the beast so to speak and you're right...exposure has a lot to do with noise.

Your PPing looks great, just enough. I know little to nothing about blogs unfortunately, but DO know how frustrating they can be...hang in there, you'll get it figured out.

Unknown said...

Oh these are GREAT.

shirley said...

I don't think the pics look hazy, I love the 2nd shot with the color. I also need to dig up some candy canes for Valentine's!