Monday, January 19, 2009

January 20, 2009

Sick of the cold, so thought I would shoot something that reminded me of warmer days :)

Getting to know my camera:) took a few shots with different exposures. Here they are. It does seem that my camera meters a little dark.

Also, had my camera on a tripod, but still got out of focus pictures. I used the timer, so is it the aperture do you think? Anyway thanks for looking!

Took all pictures with my 70-300mm lens. First picture was what my camera metered as correct exposure. I did meter the berry, so maybe that is why it is so dark.

RAW Image
ISO 200
1/6
f 5.6
Focal length 300mm















RAW Image
ISO 200
0.60 s
f5.6
Focal length: 300mm















Edit:
darkened by exposure in RAW conversion, levels change, and sharpen.
















10 comments:

--sme said...

Great pic! I love your edits!

shirley said...

Is your 70-300mm the one with VR? If so and you are using a tripod, make sure you have the VR turned off. My D70 always under exposes, I either use exposure compensation or lighten it up in Post Processing
Your final edit is really nice. A nice berry to remind us of warmer days to come!

Chell said...

I am tired of the cold too so I understand. Great capture

Anonymous said...

great image and great edit. thanks for sharing what you did to it!

Meaghan said...

It looks yummy!

Linnao said...

that looks good, can't wait for the strawberries to grow!! Very nice processing!

Anonymous said...

That is a great shot! Love it...
cari

Becky said...

I really like the simple composition. Sometimes you can still get camera shake even with a tripod just from pressing the shutter button. I use the timer.

Joanne Fowler said...

Love the final edit! My XT tends to meter darker than I'd like. Also, with all the white, your camera sensor will likely meter darker too. How are you metering? Spot, evaluative...? I use spot, personally. And once you get more familiar with your camera and how it ticks, you will adjust as needed before the first shot and not worry. I read the scene to see if there is a lot of dark or light to throw my sensor off and then adjust to what I think my camera will see. Like in this image, my camera will see lots of white and underexpose. I know this so I will set settings to over expose a bit to compensate. Keep playing and get to know your camera so YOU control the image and not the camera! You are doing so great already!!!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Looks yummy! I like your edit!