Thursday, January 29, 2009

This is a Test

So last night Shanna gave me a little hint about sRGB (which until today I had NO idea what it was). So I have been looking and reading all day today and here is my test (LOTS of pictures).

***Please notice my exposure. Does it look good? Much better than the rest of my SOOC shots. Thats what happens when you are just playing around :) ***

SOOC (changed WB)
ISO 800
f1.8
1/80
50mm lens. Natural light from South windows at 4:30 PM
I took this in Adobe RGB mode on my Camera
Color is DRAINED!!
Here is my edit. I just saved it as a JPEG, still in Adobe RGB mode
And here is my edit (exact same as above), but saved in sRGB color mode.

This next picture I took right after the above picture, but changed my camera setting to sRGB color mode.

SOOC (changed WB)
ISO 800
f1.8
1/100
50mm lens. Natural light from South windows at 4:30 PM
I took this in sRGB mode on my Camera

Here is the EXACT same picture, but when I saved it I saved it for the web (sRGB mode)
And here is my edit saved for the web (sRGB mode)
All I did was sharpen, add contrast, boost the levels and saturation. Cropped.

Isn't it amazing! Hopefully my blog pictures will now have more color and life. THANK YOU shanna and all you other peas for helping me out!

Also feel free to share what you know about sRGB. Do you print on-line with sRGB or Adobe RGB? Thanks again!

7 comments:

janett said...

Pretty amazing what a different color space will do, isn't it?

Mandy said...

Isn't that CRAZY...you don't really think that there is much of a difference until you see it like this. Thanks for sharing.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Thanks for sharing all the examples I am gonna have to go try this.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your results. And what a little cutie your daughter is!

Linnao said...

I have truely no clue what you are talking about :-) but I do love your little girl!

Jodie said...

thanks for sharing this I am definitley going to have to look into this as well! You are gonig really well with your photos, great job!

vinestreet said...

I have a question. Does all the editing of photos make the person look more real, or just better?

For example, there's that old saying that sometimes people look better in pictures than they do in real life? Is that the goal---to make someone look better/prettier? I have not been able to tell as I've looked through all the pictures you've done here, if they are more realistic, meaning, more like the person, or simply better looking. Does that make sense?