Wednesday, January 28, 2009

He had cake.......and ate it too!

My good friends little boy is turning one this week. It is her first, so she wanted to make a big deal of it. When she was trying to decide what to do, I offered to take some cake eating pictures for her. I have seen these done and thought they were so cute. So here is Mason with his cake.....and eating it too!

SOOC:
RAW images
ISO 200
f2.5
1/160
50 mm lens
natural light from south window around 3:00.
Still underexposed!! I AM going to figure this out! Be patient (mainly said to myself!!)

My edit:
Lightened, sharpened, reduced noise and increased contrast in ACR. Played with levels and curves.

Photobucket

I am not understanding skintone! My picture looks completely different in Photoshop. Is this normal for blogger to drain color? How does the skin tone look? Thanks!!

***believe it or not, I am DETERMINED to perfect my skintones. Well maybe not to perfect, but dang close. I wonder how long this will take me........***

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your edit on this shot. He's adorable! I'm not really a big help with skintones. I think these look good. :)

Shanna Jones said...

Just a couple of tips...first off, the skin tone looks fine to me. Definitely underexposed, probably due to your ISO being too low. If you're inside, I would jack it up to 400. Also, make sure your colour space is sRGB, then it should look the same online as it is when PPing. Try to move the subject farther away from the backdrop next time so you don't have to PP out shadows. I would probably tilt the photo slightly so that it looks level. Also, if you use a piece of plexiglass over a seemless or fabric, you'll get that flat shiny look on the floor instead of the bubbles. HTH! He's a cutie! Keep practicing and playing...it will all come together if you keep at it. :)

Becky said...

How do I change to sRGB? Is it on my Camera or in Adobe? Thanks Shanna for all of your input! I really appreciate it!

R.A. BNKetti said...

Awww, he's adorable!

Mandy said...

I just love those cake pics. What a cutie pie.

CindyTykie said...

Such a cute little guy and great pics of him eating his cake

Becky said...

Skin tones are my nemesis so I have no advice. Cute shot thought!

Anonymous said...

Cute shot! I did the cake shots with my son too!

Kelly said...

Wish I could dive into cake like that LOL