Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Technology.......the babysitter

So, sad to say that I occasionally use technology (laptop) as the family babysitter. My little girl could play PBS games all day! So when I need to get something done, I call on the trusty babysitter. At least she is learning how to use a mouse and keyboard. Isn't that like ABC's these days? :) Anyway, I am on topic, which I thought was HARD! And I wasn't too thrilled with any of my pictures, so I didn't spend much time with them. Enjoy :)

But we had a GORGEOUS day today, so the girls and I went for a walk. I found this sad little lone leaf on our front tree and wanted too get some sunburst shots. Here they are:

*** How does my exposure look? ***

SOOC:
RAW Image
ISO 200
1/250
f11
Focal length: 70mm























My edit:
Lightened with curves, sharpened, and darkened edge with curves.

Photobucket


SOOC:Settings same as above
















Edit: Also the same
Photobucket


6 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

To me, it looks good and your edits are a nice ehnancement.

Jodie said...

Great job! I like your edits!

Mandy said...

I just LOVE how you have captured the light coming through the leaf like that. It is so artistic and lovely.

Jo said...

At least the computer is an educational babysitter - just think what a setback it is for the kids starting school who can't use one! Great sunburst, the clarity is breathtaking!

Margaret said...

I LOVE that sunflare! Great job!

shirley said...

You did a great job with your edits - the leaves pop and the sunburst is beautiful.