Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Running......My hobby

"Life is short, running makes it seem longer." -Anonymous

With this weeks theme being hobbies, I decided to start with my first and longest lived hobby and that is running. I have been running since Jr. High, off and on. I stop when I get sick of it, but it is always a hobby I pick up again. Last year I really got back into it and ran my first 1/2 marathon and an 86 mile relay race. I am not dedicated enough to run in the freezing winter, so I occasionally hit the treadmill. I didn't want to take my camera to the gym, so I took this picture of me wishing I could go outside and run. Not the greatest pictures, but my goal is to at least one post a week on theme, so here my favorite hobby:


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand, I enjoy running myself...although I have not in awhile! Great photos.

Mandy said...

I am a runner too! I do it a lot, although I don't call it a hobby because it is about my least favorite thing to do. Haha

Reds said...

Great hobby - wish I would run too!

Liz said...

I am a fair weather runner... I like to run in the spring and the fall.. the summer and the winter not so much.

Margaret said...

I'm a runner, too, but I always run on my treadmill in the winter. Love your first shot!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

That is a great hobby to have. I am just starting out trying to use our new treadmill hopefully I will enjoy it in time.

Amy said...

I really like your first shot of the running shoes! I wish I liked to run! :)

Becky said...

I so admire runners. I'm more of a walker. :-)

Unknown said...

I wish I'd like to run.

Bobbi said...

I am so not a runner, but I admire people who do, kudos!

Jess said...

Very cool! I have taken it up too- I don't have a good area to run outdoors (even in nice weather) but we bought a treadmill last year and I've been trying so hard to keep up with it. I do enjoy it though!

Love your photos, especially the 2nd one! :)